Okay, today’s Wednesday Musings are an M/M Reader Meme.
I’m pretty uncomplicated so you can answer here in the comments if you like, answer them in your own blog if you have one, or don’t answer at all. Entirely up to you. How’s that for easy? I’ve of course included my own answers, because yes, I am a reader.
1) What was the first M/M book you ever read? Without Reservations by JL Langley
2) What attracted you to the genre in the first place? Since I was a teen I’ve been more interested in men being with men than the chicks they were saddled with
3) What is the last M/M book you read? Son of a Gun by AM Riley
4) Do you read other genres? If so, what? Mystery, horror, true crime, and one het author I still read because her heroes are to die for. (Jayne Ann Krentz)
5) What is your favorite M/M cover? Probably Without Reservations because there is something about that blond dude I just love, but this is a tough question. I prefer covers with faces for the most part though some faces are…strange
6) Are there some elements you just don’t care for? For example (ménage, shape-shifters, historicals, paranormals, etc) I’m not really fond of ménages even if it is an M/M/M. I rather like monogamy. I’m not a huge Sci-Fi but will read it under the right circumstances (J.L. Langley), and I don’t want to read rape on the pages. It’s okay if it’s happened to a character in the past and has shaped who he is
7) Is there a book you read that you wished had a sequel? What? The Elegant Corpse by A.M. Riley. I’d love to re-visit those characters. There are definitely others but those stick in my mind at the moment
8) How soon do you want your guys to have sex? Does it matter? It doesn’t really matter to me if they get to it on the first date or the fifth date. It depends on the characters and where they are. It’s rare, though, that I’ve ever read a book and gone, “Oh, my God, they did it already?”
9) Do you like M/M stories that have no actual intercourse between the heroes? Nope. I feel cheated if the heroes in a book I have read only give each other hand jobs or oral sex. Sorry, I want everything
10) If you get to the end of a book and the two protagonists are not officially together, but there is a hint of maybe another book, do you feel satisfied or cheated? I’d feel cheated. This just happened to me in a book I read recently and I’ve read some others with a similar style written by some authors I really like and I think it sucks