Monday, May 12, 2008

Fairly Wishy-Washy Redux

So once again I am back to not wanting to work on medieval paranormals. As I mentioned previously I entered both Sinful and Redemption in my chapter's contest mostly for chapter support but also of course for the chance to final. The contest allows published authors to enter which is why I was able to enter. Most RWA chapter contests you can't be published. Anyway, I digress.

The point is I am discouraged by how both of these did in the contest. I didn't final in either category and I got bad scores in both. I am currently at a loss as to how to fix them so I think it might be better to set them aside and not deal with them at the moment. The ambivalence with which I feel about them right now leads me to believe I wouldn't do them justice. I did the same think with It's Only Make Believe.

So maybe in the early fall I will re-evaluate them. In the meantime, I am going to put my energies in Trust. Since I am trying to make Trust into at least a short novel or an extended novella I am guessing I won't have it ready for submission until close to July or in July even.

I'm in wait mode again on recent submissions. If The Prisoner doesn't fly with Wild Rose Press I don't know that I will try to fix it. If Unexpected gets no interest with EC I will offer it to Amber Quill.

No comments:

Post a Comment