I’ve been tagged by the marvelous Ava March to participate in the Next Big Thing blog hop (click HERE to check out her post). The idea is to answer 10 questions about your current WIP (work in process). There’s no giveaway or anything-it’s just a spot of fun to talk about what’s in process or coming soon. So here I go.
1. What is the working title of your book?
2. Where did the idea for the story come from for the book?
Just my head. I’ve been wanting to write a story about a love affair between a lord and his butler for a few years and it’s hard to write such a story as a contemporary so I went back to my first love of historicals. I’ve found my voice is generally more suited to contemporaries but I’m happy to be writing this story.
3. What is the genre of the book?
Regency-set M/M erotic romance
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters for a movie rendition?
I honestly can’t think of a single actor who would be good for Lord Christian, but this picture above has inspired me and this is what he looks like in my head. As for James Harrington, my butler and MC, I picture a more ruggedly handsome type, Hugh Jackman from Kate and Leopold or Dylan McDermott.
5. What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?
I don’t really do these very well. So I think I will skip this question. Sorry!
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency/publisher?
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your book?
I am still working on it. I’ve probably been working on it about a month now but I often write on different stories at once.
8. What other books would you compare this to within your genre?
I try not to compare myself and my books with others.
9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
I already answered this above for number 2
10. What else about the reader might pique the reader’s interest?
Oh heavens, I don’t know. Maybe knowing that during the day Harrington is the employee who must know his place but at night he can drive Lord Christian to nearly unbearable levels of ecstasy.
Not sure who else to tag. So, I will try to tag my old friend, Devon Rhodes, though I haven’t talked to her in ages!