Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Back to Reality

I spent the last few days in Morro Bay, re-charging. It was glorious. The first day remained overcast, but the rest of the time I was there it was beautiful and sunny and never hot. We didn't want to leave. Alas, reality always sets in.

While I was there I started thinking more and more of a story I want to write. There's a restaurant there that's been there for 70 years and has been in the same family for that time. It's one of my all-time favorite restaurants. The owner now is the son of the original owners and is young and good-looking. When I say young he's probably between 35 and 40. He's a little on the the skinny side, but still very nice and cute.

So, I'm thinking of him for a romance. I don't know whether he's gay or not in real life but he wll be in the story I write, obviously. I'm going to adapt a bit of a story idea and a title I had for a story that never got written from 2009 and use it for this story. The characters and setting from the old story will change to this story. Obviously I won't get it written until some time in 2012.

So, in that way, my re-charge definitely helped me quite a bit. I'm still working on More Than Enough but am still on target to finish it by the end of August. Then I'll take it easy for the rest of the year, though, I suspect I will be writing something. I just won't kill myself over it.

2 comments: