Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Wednesday Musings

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf's a flower.
- Albert Camus
 
All those golden autumn days the sky was full of wings. Wings beating low over the blue water of Silver Lake, wings beating high in the blue air far above it . . . bearing them all away to the green fields in the South.
- Laura Ingalls Wilder

Believe in yourself, your neighbors, your work, your ultimate attainment of more complete happiness. It is only the farmer who faithfully plants seeds in the Spring, who reaps a harvest in Autumn.
- B. C. Forbes

Change is a measure of time and, in the autumn, time seems speeded up. What was is not and never again will be; what is is change.
- Edwin Way Teale

Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
- John Muir

Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.
- George Eliot

I saw old autumn in the misty morn
Stand shadowless like silence, listening
To silence.
-- Thomas Hood

4 comments:

  1. Lovely Wednesday words, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully these Autumn quotes will be a bit more cheery then the Autumn poem of last Wednesday. I actually love Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Camus quote. Makes one look a little differently on the changing leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.

    I feel like that was written for me...

    Thank you...

    E.H>

    ReplyDelete