Apparently I'm in a wondering mood this week because today's topic is favorite heroes. Also I love to stimulate discussion even if it is by just a handful of people who happen to actually appear interested in the happenings here. Thanks for that.
So, my question for those who care to answer, who are some of your all time favorite fictional heroes? I know it is hard to narrow it down to just a few, but do try if you can.
I'll start out the discussion with some I can come up with off the top of my own curly head.
1) I have two favorite heterosexual historical romance heroes and they are both heroes by the same author and they are Ian from Julie Garwood's The Secret and Geoffrey from Julie Garwood's Gentle Warrior.
2) Favorite hero from a contemporary heterosexual would be Harry Trevelyan from Jayne Ann Krentz's Absolutely, Positively.
3) I must confess I don't read a whole lot of historical gay fiction. Most of what is out there sort of bores me because I'm just not a fan of endless historical details in my enjoyment reading. If I want to read about that I will pick up a history book. I myself write when the fancy takes me "historical light" but I will say that I have a definite soft spot for Lord Oliver from Ava March's Bound series.
4) And finally I must list a few favorites in the contemporary gay fiction. I absolutely adore Keaton (Bit) Reynolds from J.L. Langley's Without Reservations. I love both Sean and Dan from Josh Lanyon's The Dark Horse and The White Knight. I love Sean from AM. Riley's The Elegant Corpse.
5) And for Sci-Fi I am going with Aiden from My Fair Captain.
Naturally I love many more heroes and books but this is what I could come up with and that stand out with me right now.
So how about it, who are some of your favorites?