Friday, February 20, 2009

February 20, 2009

As writers, we sometimes wonder why one book resonates more with readers than another. While you create your story, you hope it will do well and be appreciated by your audience.

So far, I'd have to say I have certain books that have done better than others. For my Ellora's Cave releases both Another Chance and Perfect Man have done better than Stone of Wrath. Stone of Wrath has not done poorly by any means, it just hasn't sold as well as the other two. I think it might be the paranormal/mythical elements, but really I have no idea.

From Amber Quill by far the best so far has been At Long Last. The Squire and Pulling Away have also done well. Sorcerer's Lover, A Knight For All and It's Only Make Believe have done all right, but not spectacular. Right now, my most recent release, The Other Side, is doing pretty good. Not as well as At Long Last or Pulling Away, though. Don't know if that is because of the interracial elements or the storyline or the HFN ending. Who knows.

I think this happens to all authors. Some books are just more popular than others for some reason and often you never get to know.

So, this has me wondering how my next releases will do. Wanting Sam is my first heterosexual romance for Ellora's Cave and it has a lovely cover. I don't know how the m/f romances there do, but I think it will do well. My next release for Amber Quill, Jake's Regret is part of a Pax Collection, as was The Other Side. It is an interracial also so it will be interesting to see how it does compared to The Other Side.

My trip to Las Vegas has been postponed until April so I am around after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment