Wednesday, November 12, 2008

November 12, 2008

It's official. I absolutely hate The Other Side. Really. I just can't stand it. It's been a while since I've loathed what I have been writing but I've hated stuff before. I can't decide whether I am nuts or if it really truly sucks.

I have great images in my head. I even sit on the bus on the way home and play out conversations and such between Nick and Ray in my head. Sounds great. But...it just isn't going where I want it to go. Worst of all I am not convinced that I have Nick and Ray falling in love. They like each other, they like the sex. But love? It's not there. I don't think. Maybe by the end of the book. See, this is one of the reasons I like my characters to start off already knowing each other. Even in Stone of Wrath (quick commercial...it comes out Friday from Ellora's Cave) Jed and Topaz had a past life together. It's actually an element I use in most of my stories I have noticed. All the characters have known each other in some capacity before the book starts. In The Other Side, they cold meet. This may cause the book to have a definite "happy for now" element. We'll see. I'm starting to panic on it.

I did get a 4 nymph review for It's Only Make-Believe from Literary Nymphs Reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment