Wednesday, October 15, 2008

October 15, 2008

So I reviewed my galleys for The Prisoner, my medieval story about Brian Fitzroy. Everything looked fine so I okayed them with my editor at The Wild Rose Press. Hopefully I will know a release date in the next few weeks.I know I've said it before, but I really love Brian. Sure he starts out as a somewhat depressing, tortured character, but I think he makes great strides by the end of the book. I am also proud of my villain, Loutrant. I had a friend comment that he was simply too evil, but I disagree. I think I made him very human with his own tortured past.

Anyway, readers can judge for themselves.I know I vowed or at least stated that I wasn't sure I would have another Fitzroy story for The Wild Rose Press, but lately I have thought of doing a short story for them related to Stephen Fitzroy. I wouldn't do a full novel, I think, but they do have short stories there and I think I could work one for Stephen into my 2009 schedule. My biggest problem is that my editor, Pam, no longer works for the English Tearose line. She was promoted to senior editor of the American Rose line. I don't think I want to work with anyone other than Pam. So I would have to ask her if she would still work with me on any Fitzroy stories in the future to give it serious consideration.

I sent At Long Last and all its forms to Amber Quill yesterday. I'm really happy with Scott and Preston's story.

I got my cover for A Knight For All which can be viewed at either Amber Quill's coming soon pages or my website, www.authorshawnlane.com.

I don't have anything else due to them until December 01, so I can breathe quite easy now. I did start Sorcerer's Lover 2. I only have about 500 words so far and I'm plotting a lot of it as I go. That's what keeps me on my toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment