Saturday, August 9, 2008

Updates

Paid for Shawn's ad that will be in the Romantic Times December edition. Cost $150 just for me. I don't know that I will do that again, but hopefully I will get some exposure for it. The ads themselves are more than a $1000. Pretty outrageous for a magazine ad if you ask me. The ads in the RWR are much cheaper if anyone ever wants to think about those.

Sent off the edits for The Prisoner and chose my excerpt. I think I chose pretty well. I'm worried about it fitting their guidelines, but I'll see.

Speaking of The Wild Rose Press I am participating in their Sony Ereader promotion for Fall. That only costs me $12. Anyway, during that time if you buy my book, A Man Not Her Own, you can enter to win the Ereader. Then they load the Ereader with excerpts from all the authors participating.

A Man Not Her Own just made the current top 10 bestseller list for The Wild Rose Press, too. I am there at #10 after only a week. So that's pretty cool. Don't know the criteria but I'll take it anyway.

I've got a little under 5,000 words done on A Knight For All. I need a little more than twice that to reach the minimum word count. I need to have it done by the end of August, but I think I can manage it. I'd like to do it before the end so I can get busy working on At Long Last, too.

Still waiting to hear from EC on It's Only Make Believe. It's been nearly a week and I am stalking my emails. It's a sickness we writers have!

ETA: My good friend, Ava, has been offered a contract by Loose-ID! I am thrilled for her! It is well deserved

1 comment: