Thursday, December 6, 2007

Worrisome

So I'm worried that my two books contracted to Cerridwen Press will be canceled. Why? Because there has been talk about the publisher, Ellora's Cave, deciding to withdraw from publishing historicals and that is what I have contracted with them. Piers Anthony's website about e-pubs even stats that they are not going to take historicals any longer and that they are canceling contracts. I know an author this has already happened to so yes, I am worried this is my fate.

Why are they doing this? I don't know. Other publishers are talking about how historicals are making a remergence yet they are withdrawing? Obviously another genre is working better for them. It's very discouraging to say the least.

I haven't seen any "official word" from them yet, but Piers is getting his information from someone, isn't he?

No comments:

Post a Comment