Monday, July 11, 2011

Over the Weekend

This past weekend I reconnected with my bff who I had been missing terribly and that was wonderful. I also went and saw the Los Angeles Gay Men's Chorus's Totally 80's show. I have season tickets to the chorus and they generally do three shows a year, this one is their last of the 2010/2011 season.

And it was fantastic! They did so many great 80s songs and were all dressed up like many of the most famous people of the 80s.

There was one moment where they sang the song Thriller but they used it to represent AIDS in the 1980s and so while they sang about 3/4s of the members walked off stage representing those that succumbed to the disease. It was very moving.    

I also bought a raffle ticket for $10 where I can win all kinds of cool prizes. One of which is to direct them for a song at their upcoming 2011 Holiday show. I don't have a clue how to direct a chorus, but wouldn't that be an awesome experience?

Anyway, if you are ever in LA during one of their performances I would highly recommend getting tickets. Here are some videos if you'd like to know more about them:

http://www.gmcla.org/galleries/gmcla-videos/

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! I can just imagine how chilling that version of Thriller was...

    ReplyDelete