Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Wednes Musings

I don't need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better.
Plutarch

I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
Thomas A. Edison

It is important to our friends to believe that we are unreservedly frank with them, and important to friendship that we are not.
Mignon McLaughlin

It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.
Oprah Winfrey

5 comments:

  1. Those are excellent!

    A favorite from Illusions by Richard Bach:

    Your friends will know you better in the first minute you meet than your acquaintances will know you in a thousand years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah has to be one of the most quotable books ever. I've lost track of how many times I've read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Opera one - that is so true..

    @Chris - Thanks for the heads up on that book...

    :)

    ReplyDelete