The too kind, EH (http://erotichorizon.blogspot.com/) tagged me for this M/M Meme
1. Answer all the questions below in either the comments here or post it on your own site. If you post it on your own site you have to come back and give the link here so I/Kris can mosey on over and see if you have a sticky beak.
2. You have to tag two other people once you’re done and pester them relentlessly until they do the meme too.
3. Instead of a meme image thing you have to post a cookie, preferably a twofer. It is an m/m meme after all. ;)
1. How long have you been reading GLBTQ fiction? Three or so years
2. What was the first book you read in this genre? Without Reservations by J.L. Langley
3. Are you 'out' as a reader? Yes. It’s hard not to admit to reading it since I write it. That being said there are always family members and friends who are “unaware”.
4. Ebooks, print or both? 90% ebooks. Even authors I previously read in paperback if the book is available for my Kindle I read it there.
5. Do you buy direct from publishers or from secondary sellers? Usually the publisher because as I am an author myself I know the author makes more from books sold directly from the publisher.
6. Prove you're a Book Slut. How many books would you say you buy a week? I used to buy many, many more than I do, but I can’t buy that many anymore because I don’t have much time to read as I am always writing. I’d say nowadays I probably buy about 5 a month.
7. Are you a cover, blurb or excerpt buyer? I’m actually an author buyer for the most part. Once I like an author I buy all their books regardless of the cover, blurb or excerpt. If I don’t know the author, I read the blurb if the cover has attracted me. I rarely read the excerpt before buying.
8. Yeah, you read reviews, but do you actually take notice of them? I do, but I don’t let a bad review of a book prevent me from buying it especially if it is an author I enjoy or I know the things mentioned in the review won’t bother me or I am aware I never agree with that particular reviewer. Generally I make up my own mind as to whether I will buy a book and rarely let the review influence me overmuch one way or the other.
9. Who's your fave publisher? Amber Allure, of course, lol.
10. What about authors? Your top two only!! Well like everyone else I have more than two but since I like to follow rules when I can I will mention only two. Grrrr. J.L. Langley and Ally Blue
11. Is there a sub-genre you particularly dis/like? I'm not too fond of BDSM or sci-fi, but there are exceptions to even that as I love J.L. Langley’s Sci-Fi books. I prefer contemporaries but can’t really say I will refuse to read any subgenre.
12. Short or long?? *rolls eyes* And, no, I'm not talking about cocks. I like shorter length really. Both as a writer and a reader. I like to be able to read many books so a 200,000 tome makes my eyes glaze over, sorry.
13. Anything turn you off about m/m or is all just glorious smut to you? I hate anything to do with bodily fluids other than come. I have had the extreme displeasure of reading a book with details I found too gruesome to stomach. I am also not fond of fisting in books and will skip over any scene that involves it.
14. Finish this sentence. You know it's m/m twu wuv when...you’ll kiss the guy first thing in the morning even though he has morning breath. What the hell? Weird question. I think you are trying to go with M/M clichés but everything in writing has been done before and to death.
15. What trope or theme are you heartily sick of in m/m romance? Sneak ménages. I want to know if there is a ménage scene even if it’s just one time with the best friend or the guy helping you in the dressing room or whatever and not be surprised by my two in love guys getting it on with a surprise third. At least then if I know I can make up my mind whether to read it or not.
16. If you could choose any 3 characters for a m/m/m who would they be? Aiden from My Fair Captain by J. L. Langley, Keaton Reynolds from Without Reservations by J. L. Langley, and Lord Oliver from Bound by Deception by Ava March. As you can tell I like the pretty boys.
17. What new GLBTQ release are you most hanging out for right now? Can I say my own in December? No? Um, the next book by A.M. Riley. Forget its name, but that’s the one. One of my favorite authors definitely.
18. What GLBTQ book has completely blown you away this year?
The Elegant Corpse by A.M. Riley
The Elegant Corpse by A.M. Riley
19. What do you think we'll see more of in m/m romance in 2010? Vampires, BDSM, werewolves, historicals, and mystery/suspense.
20. Don't you agree that author Josh Lanyon should kill off arsehole character Jake Riordan? No I am waiting for the asshole (sorry I am American and it’s an ass not an arse) to redeem himself. I believe in redemption.
Ava March - http://avamarch.blogspot.com/
Devon Rhodes - http://devonrhodes.blogspot.com/