Saturday, April 11, 2009

April 11, 2009 or Too Much Sex?

So now that I'm done with the excerpts of all of my currently available books, I'd like to bring up the subject of sexual content in my books.

Is there too much? Recently I've had a number of reviews of Wanting Sam commenting on how much sex there is in the book between Sam and Krystal. I admit the book is probably fairly heavy on sexual content, but I've also had comments about some of my other stories having high sexual content.

For example, At Long Last. Someone mentioned Preston being insatiable. Another person mentioned my Male/Male stories having frequent sex. I know in my book coming out this weekend has several encounters.

I like to think I have plots in my books too.

So, for my readers, my question is, do I write too much sex? Should I dial it back and have less sexual content in my upcoming stories or do you like them the way they are?

1 comment:

  1. Shawn,

    Have spent the last couple of hours reading your blog from the very beginning. Have a list of items to research and one note to email you about something I read. Find I cannot add this to my list.

    Your sex scenes should either increase with the lengths of your stories or remain the same but under no circumstances, decrease.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete