Monday, March 23, 2009

March 23, 2009



Now an excerpt from my other April release, Trust, coming April 29, 2009 from Ellora's Cave

“Yeah, yeah. Goodbye.” He closed his flip phone, his cheeks hot with embarrassment. He stood up. “S-sorry. That was my mom.”
Justin’s expression was unreadable but he nodded. “Yes, I heard.”
Brad looked away, unable or unwilling to meet Justin’s gaze. “The pizza. I’ll reheat it for you. And tea. I already have the teabag waiting.”
He moved toward the kitchen but Justin had already moved away from the doorway and stood in his way. Justin’s fingers curled around the bare skin on his forearm sending a powerful jolt straight to his cock.
“Brad, don’t.”
His heart leapt into his throat, then plummeted. This was the part where Justin told him he was calling a cab and getting the hell out of Brad’s apartment. Misery choked him but he wouldn’t back away from it like a coward.
“How much did you hear?” he managed to ask.
“All of it, I think.”
Brad nodded. “Just my mother being bossy. It was nothing.”
Olive green eyes met his. “You’re wrong, Brad.”
“Wrong?”
Justin stepped very close to Brad, so close he felt the bulge in Justin’s jeans. So close he felt Justin’s breath on his neck.
“I want you,” Justin said. “I want you so bad it’s tearing me up.”
He pulled Brad’s head down and pressed his lips to Brad’s mouth in a deep, soul-searing kiss.
The last thing he ought to be doing was making out with Justin. Brad knew when it was over Justin would regret it. And so, therefore, would Brad. But it had been so long since he’d had such human contact. Brad leaned into the kiss, allowing the sensation of having Justin’s lips on his to overtake him. Wasn’t this what he wanted? What he’d wanted ever since Justin left him?
Justin tore his lips from Brad and searched his gaze. There was unmistakable need in his green eyes but also an aching vulnerability that made Brad want to weep.
“Justin, we shouldn’t go there,” Brad said, making his voice as firm as he could manage. His gut twisted but he didn’t want to cause Justin any more pain.
“Why not?”
“You know why not. Let’s… Why don’t we talk about the letters you mentioned? If there’s a threat to your life, I want to help.”
“No,” Justin whispered. His long fingers went to the snaps on Brad’s jeans. “Don’t. I don’t think I can stand any more rejection from you, Brad.”
What?
“Justin, I haven’t—”
Justin shook his head and dropped to his knees in front of Brad.

No comments:

Post a Comment