Friday, March 7, 2008

Not resting on my laurels

Well I am waiting for the release date of Duke's Project next month. And to learn the release date for A Man Not Her Own. And for my contract to arrive from Amber Quill Press for The Squire. And for the release date of that, of course, edits too probably. Also final edits for Duke Pretender when it comes out in July.

What else? Oh yeah, for one of my editors to either accept or reject a very short story I sent her. I think it will be a rejection. Not because I don't think it is well written, I'm just not sure it has a place with that publisher.

In the meantime, I have finished The Perfect Man. It's just a smidge under 22,000 words. If you approximate up it would be called 22,000. Anyway, I like it. I like it alot. I think I did a good job with it. This weekend I intend to write up a synopsis for it so I can then send it to my editor at Ellora's Cave. Will she offer a contract? That remains to be seen and I have some weeks until I am sure I will hear one way or another.

So what's next? No resting on my laurels of course (tie-in to my title there). I have much work to do. I'm getting The Prisoner ready to send to Wild Rose Press. I have those dreaded re-writes for Sinful and of course I can pick up where I left off with Sorcerer's Lover. It feels like months since I've been able to rest and play...oh say a video game...my other obsession after writing and reading. And I can't really do much of that now. I have to build many stories and many books to sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment