Monday, March 3, 2008

March Madness

Okay so it's Monday and March now. What is the latest?

Of course my coolest news is The Squire winning a spot in the Amber Heat Wave contest. I re-read it over the weekend and you know something, it was good! I actually went, hell this is good, this is hot, the characters are great. Something I wrote that I didn't think was absolute garbage. I always think that, but re-reading The Squire I did not. I did notice I changed the eye color of one of my heroes mid-way through the story and wanted to smack myself upside the head for that. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

I finshed reviewing my galleys for A Man Not Her Own over the weekend and have sent my notes/corrections back to my editor at Wild Rose Press. Just minor things.

I also got an email from my EC/CP editor about a few more things to fix on Duke's Project so I had to get those done uber fast. This book has just over a month before it is supposed to be released so I have a feeling things will be moving fast in the next few weeks.

I submitted If Only You to my editor at EC/CP for consideration. She won't be able to get back to me for a few weeks. In the meantime my plan is to finish The Perfect Man, come up with a synopsis and send that off to her as well. Then it will be waiting to hear about that. If I can manage it I would like to be able to send it to her within the next week or so.

Did my horrible unjudged synopsis for Redemption and sent that off to the Romance Through the Ages Contest. I am still torn about entering Sinful. I'd love the editor but I just think I might be wasting my time. Anyway I am definitely leaning toward not entering it at this point.

As my good friend and very soon-to-be published, Nicole (she is a brilliant writer) reminded me I have now sold 4 books. The last year has been more successful for me than ever. Things are starting to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment